Funcom’s November 12 2008, Q3 2008 report is now out (.pdf). Some interesting stuff in there, check out highlights below:
- Increased revenues due to Age of Conan.
- Steady revenues from Anarchy Online.
- MMO Success Criteria and Age of Conan Status.
- Short Term and Long Term Focus for Age of Conan.
- Goals: More compelling RPG ruleset, more content utilizing improved ruleset.
- Q4 2008: Ymir’s Pass, DX10, 2 High Level Dungeons.
- Q1 2009: New Item/RPG system, 1-2 new playfields, new dungeons.
- Q2-Q3 2009: Continuous updates with high end content and systems.
- Q4 2009: Expansion.
Sales and Marketing
- Free trial offers (Q4 2008 – Q1 2009).
- Polish and Russian launches.
- Loyalty program for long-time subscribers (Q1 2009).
The Secret World – Status
- 4 playfields close to complete.
- 4-5 playfields in development.
- Large asset library developed.
- Implementing RPG and combat system.
- 70 people working on project.
- PR and community building commencing early 2009.
The Secret World – Backgrounds
- Funcom created brand.
- Explore a secret world within our world where every mystery, myth, conspiracy theory and urban legend is true.
- MMO gaming combined with Alternate Reality Gaming and social networking.
- Funcom’s proprietary DreamWorld tech.
- PC and Xbox 360 platforms.